Michael, Sarah, & Kate

Michael, Sarah, & Kate
Kate's 6 month photo shoot

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I think it's time to tell everyone......

Today I am 12 weeks pregnant!! I'm so excited to finally be able to start blogging about our growing family and all of our adventures in the coming year! Even if I'm the only one that reads it, I will still be glad I did this. I am due around October 12 or 13th. Monday I had my first regular OB appointment, which was a major milestone for me. Dr. Schlecter had a little trouble finding the hearbeat with a doppler so did a quick ultrasound. We were able to see the baby's profile and arms and legs moving around quite a bit. At one point I think the baby was sucking his/her thumb. Too sweet! The ultrasound machine was ancient so I did not get a good picture. I do have pictures from 6 weeks and 8 weeks and will try to figure out how to post those. We will be able to find out the gender on May 24th, which will be the day before my 30th birthday. I finally have some energy back and am not near as nauseated. Although, relatively speaking, my nausea was not bad compared to what it could have been. Other weird things I've experienced are food aversions to things I usually enjoy such as chewing gum, diet dr. pepper (caffeine free), apples, yogurt, & crystal light pink lemonade. Basically the only thing I wanted for the first couple of weeks were plain grilled chicken sandwiches from Sonic or Chick-fil-A and Carbs, Carbs,& more Carbs. Good thing I've been attempting to workout! Michael and I are so excited about the upcoming year. Between having a baby, building a new house, and running a new business, I think I will have plenty to write about!                                                                   
                                           6 weeks!
                                                                             8 weeks!
I decided to go ahead and order my crib today. Regardless of if it's a boy or girl, I really like this crib. Here is a picture of it! It takes about 14 weeks to come in so I wanted to order it in plenty of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment