Michael, Sarah, & Kate

Michael, Sarah, & Kate
Kate's 6 month photo shoot

Monday, April 30, 2012

My, oh, my! How time has flown by!! Kate, I cannot believe you are 6 months old!! Half of a year has flown by!! I really hate that I have not kept up this blog for you. Really hate it. This particular blog will be dedicated to all of your wonderful milestones and the approximate time each one happened.
Your head control was established pretty early. I remember everyone commenting on how well you could hold it up. That of course did not surprise me. I knew then you were destined for great things. For the first 4 weeks, you mainly liked to be held or sleep in your swing. Looking back I wish I had not been so darn stressed about you sleep schedule!! It just seems silly to me now. You were able to sleep from 11-5:30 at only 3 weeks old!! We swaddled you until you could roll over. You got to where you would sleep for 11-12 hours while being swaddled!! I was proud of that accomplishment. However, once you started rolling over, the swaddle blanket had to go....and so did the 11-12 hours of uninterrupted sleep. We are still working on that....you sure do like your paci in your mouth or you WON'T go to sleep. Again, we are working on that. Naps....well, like I said we are working on it. You have never been one to nap long, so I try to get you down 3 times a day. Now that you are 6 months old, I've finally decided to actually type out a daily schedule for you, so you can get used to being put down for a nap and bed about the same time every day. I've read that this is the best way to get you some good sleep! A good routine = a happy baby=a happy mommy! :-)  Wow, I'm digressing.
 On December 5, 2011 you rolled from you tummy to your back for the first time!! It may have been a fluke but you did it, so that's the day I recorded. Even though we did not see you do it for another month or so, that's the date. On December 29, you held a rattle in your left had for the first time! This made me think we had another lefty in the family, dad being the other one. January 2nd, you laughed at daddy for the first time!! It definitely made his day. You had already been smiling galore and I knew it would only be a matter of time before the laughs came too. The next day, I was playing peek-a-boo with you in the mirror and you laughed at me!! It made my heart melt! I fell in love with you even more and I did not think that was possible!! On January 15, dad and I took you to Sunday school for the first time. We took turns holding you during our class. You did great! We weren't quite ready to put you in the nursery, however, that day came the next time I took you to church. Dad had to work, so I got us both ready and off we went. I had to put you in the nursery because you wanted to be fussy. On January 18, Sara came to the house for your 3 month photo shoot. She said you were one of the best 3 month sessions she has ever done!! I put what she wrote about you on her blog in your 3 month photo book. On January 19, mom and dad celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary by going out to dinner. Mommo was here for a visit so we had a free babysitter!! We had made plans to go see a movie, but both of us were so tired, dad from working and me from just being a mommy that we came home before going to the movie. Plus, we both missed you!! :-) On January 24, you rolled from your side onto your back, which told me rolling from your back to your stomach was not far behind. You had your first taste of rice cereal on January 31st, about 1.5 weeks shy of being 4 months old. Grandmommy was visiting and got to see you eat solids for the first time. You seemed to like it better when I mashed up a banana with it. We eventually switched to baby oatmeal with a touch of ground cinnamon in the mornings.

February brought many new things as well. Your funny little personality really started to show. You started babbling non-stop...and drooling. A lot. I anticipated a tooth or two coming soon. I started putting you in your 2 exersaucers. At first you really did not really find all of the gadgets all that interesting, but by the end of the month, you were really starting to play with each item. Your favorite thing on the baby Einstein exersaucer was a round disc with a picture of a tiger on it. You constantly were trying to put it in your mouth! The jumper exersaucer has been a huge hit with your from the day I put you in it. By the end of March you had mastered the items on both exersaucers. You sure do LOVE to bounce up and down in that thing and can play for such a long time with all of the little toys on it. On February 10, you started blowing raspberries and have been doing them non-stop since then. Now, they have turned into what sounds very much like you are sitting on a whoopee cushion. :-) You seem to really do it, when you are doing something you don't want to such as...taking a nap or holding still so I can change your diaper. :-) Gosh, you are just so adorable and I sure do love you tons!! On February 19th, you rolled over for the first time while we were at mommo's house!! I have it on video!! I immediately sent the video to dad. He was so happy for you, also a little sad he was not there to see it. We did not see you do it again for about a month. Now, every time I lay you on your back, you immediately flip over. This includes all of your diaper changes, so now I change you on the floor. Much easier than the changing table and nothing to knock over or break on the floor. :-)

March 4th you had your 4 month check up, even though we were late in scheduling it. You weighed 15 lbs 6 oz, (75th percentile) measured 25.75 inches long (90th), and your head circumference was 17 inches (95th)!! Growing like a weed!! You got your 4 month shots-DPT #2, Hib #2, Polio #2, Rotavirus #2. It's never easy seeing you get your shots. The next day you woke up with a 101.5 fever and had a terrible cough!!! You had already started coughing about 2 days earlier but never had a temperature and acted fine. But March 5th I knew something had changed. Dad took you back to the dr.'s office. I was volunteering at a consignment sale so I did not go. You tested positive for RSV!! My poor baby!! Your first illness!! I just wanted to do nothing but hold, cuddle, & comfort you. You were a champ the whole time you were sick. We let you nap in the swing or our arms (Grandymommy's arms) because you were so stopped up that lying flat in the crib was impossible. You slept at night fine in your crib with the humidifier on. Thank goodness, grand mommy was visiting when you got sick!! She was such a huge help!!
You turned 5 months old on March 12!! At this point you really love grabbing your toes and blowing tons and tons of raspberries. Still lots of babbling. Your pincher grasp is getting better and better. You will pick things up, try to put it in your mouth, then throw it down and move on to the next toy. You seem to get frustrated when we put you on your tummy. It's almost as if you have forgotten how to roll from your tummy to your back, however we know you can do it. We think you just want me or dad to do it for you. Ha!! Well, most of the time you do get your way. I mean, how can I resist those gorgeous blue eyes, kissable cheeks, and heart-melting smile?? This month we really started trying variety of new foods. You tried sweet potatoes (loved!), applesauce (loved!), butternut squash (loved!), prunes (surprisingly loved!), advocate (loved!), sweet peas (liked). Something you absolutely do not like is green beans. I have the video of you gagging when you first tasted them!! Absolutely hilarious!! On March 31st all of that drooling paid off. I saw your first tooth budding through the gum line. It was the right lower one. A few days later, the one next to it also started showing. You had a low-grade fever and were a little fussy the first day, but after that it never seemed to bother you again. Tylenol and motrin became my best friend for you. :-)

April 8 you were baptized at our church. You wore the beautiful handmade christening gown made by mommo. You were absolutely stunning in the dress. Your eyes were just so blue against the gorgeous white fabric and lace. You were so cute during the baptism. When the pastor held you up towards the congregation, you really scanned the room. It's like you were making sure each person was paying attention to you!! Such a sweet little diva!! Your more dramatic side is starting to show. I really don't know where you get that from! :-) If you want something, you will let us know....by screaming or burying your face in the floor, pushing up on your knees, sticking your cute little touch in the air, and fussing. You also have a fake cough. I think you do it when you want attention. It works most, correction, all of the time. It's only a matter of days until you will start to crawl. You have all the tools and knowledge necessary to make that huge leap, you just haven't put it all together yet, but I know it will be soon!! Your 6 month check up showed just how fast you are growing!! Weight 18 lbs 13.5 oz (90th) Height 27 in (90th) Head circumference (75-90th)
 I LOVE this stage in your life. You are becoming a little person. You really love to take in your surroundings, You REALLY love being outside and swinging!! We are working on getting you a swing up, For now, we will take you to the park to swing. Whew....what a long post!! I've been needing to catch up on the blog for so long!! I really hope to keep up with it better than I have been doing!! I'll be so excited that you will be able to read all of this one day!! I love you baby girl!!

Kate 3 months

























Kate ages 4-6 month pictures coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment