Michael, Sarah, & Kate

Michael, Sarah, & Kate
Kate's 6 month photo shoot

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kate 5 Months

Well I knew it was inevitable, but I really wanted to prolong it as much as I could. This month marked the your first illness. Boy, it was a doozy. RSV. Ugh!! It started as just a runny nose and slight cough on a Friday. I even thought you were getting better but on the following Tuesday, you woke up with a new sounding cough and a fever of 101.5. Clearly you did not feel well. Daddy took you to the doctor and you tested positive for RSV! I was volunteering at the Little Sprouts consignment sale that day so I could not go to the appointment with you. Daddy took great care of you. Grandmommy was in town, luckily and also helped take care of you while you were sick. It killed me not to be at home with you and I realized how lucky I've been to stay at home with you. You were such a champ!! You could have been so much fussier than you were. I snapped this picture of you the day after you got diagnosed. It clearly shows that you don't feel well.



Once you got over this, it was time to start teething. You have been drooling for months and I've been checking daily for any sign of a budding tooth. One morning I noticed a small opening on your right lower gum and when I ran my finger across it, I could feel a sharp edge. I thought just one tooth would come in, but a couple of days later I noticed the one next to it was coming in also! Two teeth at the same time! You had a low grade fever for one day, but other than that you seemed to tolerate teething well. 





No comments:

Post a Comment